27.3 F
Ottawa
Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Saturday night garage fire in Saskatoon caused by hot plate accidentally turned on

Must Try

Posted February 28, 2021 12:18 pm

The Saskatoon Fire Department responded to a call Saturday evening to investigate a fire in a garage in the Dundonald area.

One fire truck arrived to investigate the garage on the 200 block of Nixon Crescent. The firefighters found that black smoke was still visible inside the garage.

Two more trucks, one rescue unit, an aerial unit and the battalion chief were dispatched.

Upon arrival, smoke was visible from the garage roof. Although the flames were extinguished, heat was identified in the walls by fire crews.

Trending Stories

Story continues below advertisement

Crews were able to identify the area of heat with their thermal imaging camera and a pump tank was used to fully extinguish the fire. The attic was also checked to make sure no fire had spread.

The fire investigator determined the fire was accidental and caused by a hot plate that was accidentally turned on. Damage is estimated to be $10,000.

2:12
43 people at Saskatoon apartment building treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

43 people at Saskatoon apartment building treated for carbon monoxide poisoning – Jan 15, 2021

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Latest Recipes

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Recipes Like This

- Advertisement -spot_img